“Resurget Cineribus”

 Early in the year I try to post my plans for any new / forthcoming work or book. After 2 fiction novellas my attention is returning to poetry although I do not have plans for a book as of now.


As you may know from my Instagram I survived a building fire in Dec. which caused me to lose everything but my life. 

In 1805 the entire City of Detroit burned down. 

The Detroit flags Latin inscription reads “Speramus meliora, resurget cineribus” translating to “We hope for better things; it will arise from the ashes.” Detroit rose from the ashes symbolizing rebirth / resilience. 

There are always lessons to learn from history. 

My latest Detroit inspired "Night Portrait of The Fisher Building" is in Roi Fainéant Press' issue 56: Bag of Tricks and can be read here.  

Featured Post

"The Literary Party: Growing Up Gay and Amish in America" Book Reviews + Media Highlights

THE LITERARY PARTY: GROWING UP GAY AND AMISH IN AMERICA  (EBOOK)   BOOK REVIEWS:   As a country boy in Kentucky, I’m acquainted with the Ami...