A Spiritual Journey 🌱

Every day I ask myself How am I feeling

 *physically*

 *intellectually* 

*emotionally*

 and 

*spiritually*

This life hack is a way to find my balance and stay grounded. Spring is here again, I am currently planting intentions and investing in myself as an artist. Traveling for the last few years has left me wanting to "settle down" for a period of time, write and surround myself with art and creativity.

 There is no place in the world like Detroit, one of the most inspiring creative hot spots on the planet. There are so many brilliant artists, writers, musicians in this city. (Thank you to everyone at U.I.O. for your investment in me!)

I have been attending the DETROIT CSL (Zoom) service since arriving here, thank you everyone at Detroit CSL for your welcome! I am hoping to guest on a spiritual themed podcast next month, details TBA. 

Attending CSL for 5 years now, I never imagined I would be a part of any church after leaving the Amish in my teens! Yet... so it is! 

I have always considered myself to be a spiritual seeker, one of the most beautiful and profound books I have ever read was The Bowl of Light, which changed my life as did studying at Pu'uhonua o Pu'uhuluhulu. I have studied Buddhism and Taizé faith as well as connecting with my ancestors' Anabaptist heritage. No matter where you are on your spiritual path you are welcome at CSL. 


There seems to be a trend among ex-Amish (non-practising Amish that have left the church) to join other right-wing conservative churches but that does not represent all Amish including me.  
I don't advocate for any one church or teacher, rather I prefer to share my own journey and what works for me personally.

As an artist I feel like I am in a place where I can step away from publishing and work on a new project, my last poetry collection being "PUNATIC" (2019, 2020 re-release). FYI: If you purchase a paperback through Writing Knights Press you will get a free PDF ebook copy! Thank you to Az and Writing Knights Press for giving me a voice for nearly a decade now. 

Thank you to my Readers out there, some of you have been with me from the early days! You are all appreciated! 

Also, a shout out to The Forbidden Apple Podcast! Get your free spiritual tool kit here

ICYMI

Featured Post

"The Literary Party: Growing Up Gay and Amish in America" Book Reviews + Media Highlights

THE LITERARY PARTY: GROWING UP GAY AND AMISH IN AMERICA  (EBOOK)   BOOK REVIEWS:   As a country boy in Kentucky, I’m acquainted with the Ami...