Gaia: A Duet Poem by James Schwartz & Seth Speaks 🌎

Note: I'm happy to let my readers know I've written a chapbook of Hawaii themed poems, more on that later this year! In the meantime, here's a preview: an "organic" duet poem written with spoken word poet, performer Seth Speaks!

Gaia: A Duet Poem 🌋 
by James Schwartz & Alexander Chandrea (AKA Seth Speaks) 🎙



Sweet Puna & Pele here we are,
It took many years to travel so far,
On our own with nothing to lose,
Only battered memories of gay sex & booze,

 James, my brother
Troubles roll by, soul is soothed
When we stand before great mother now brother
We’ve made it this far
Don’t let past distract from her stars

Sweet Gaia in our sandals we trod thy lava,
On Rimbaud’s birthday raising shells of kava,
A toast to the rebels in sacred land,
I’ll take Hart Crane in heart & hand.

Fire, Fire on the land
Fire, Fire with one demand 
Raise vibration, love creation
Spread appreciation,
See Pele’s fiya 
Listen to the rhyme, malama to the aina.

We make our way through sugar cane,
& through the winter’s torrents of rain,
Down jungle paths of cinder & stone,
To the huts that we call our own.

Red, red road got me blowin
Rings around the sun, call in Jah one
Send the kahuna
I’m drifting style Puna
Low Pu got me blue
Dreadlocked garden variety zoo..
Show me heights of the playah,,
Raise me all the way to my lady liberty Mauna Kea

Near the coast of Kapoho we frolic free,
Practicing permaculture sustainability,
 We tip our hat to erotic damnation,
We smashed our saints in shamanic transformation.

Realization,
My brother loose the proclamation
Stars align, seven to one
Sign, Horus eye, these brothers Gemini.
I might be high and out so far.
Let’s head to the moon, surf on mars.

In addition to the stars,
Long days at the registrar
Late nights out in kava bars,
Drunk hours bent on rhyme
Stoned memories of another time,
Tasting gin and lime
When I was his & he mine.. (together)

Featured Post

"The Literary Party: Growing Up Gay and Amish in America" Book Reviews + Media Highlights

THE LITERARY PARTY: GROWING UP GAY AND AMISH IN AMERICA  (EBOOK)   BOOK REVIEWS:   As a country boy in Kentucky, I’m acquainted with the Ami...