"East/West Symphony" #NationalPoetryMonth


By James Schwartz 


Take off your boots, stay a while soldier.
The fire is dimming, the ashes smolder.
The night is over, mount your mistakes.
Music begins, the throne of God shakes.

Militant and rebel kiss in the street.
East and West will never meet.
I’ll unbind your garments, close the door.
Govern my body on a Wilder shore.

I will not validate their hate.
The wine supped, the hour late.
If you stay, you cannot say,
That you have never heard me pray.


* inspired by the art of Tareq Sayed Rajab de Montfort






Featured Post

"The Literary Party: Growing Up Gay and Amish in America" Book Reviews + Media Highlights

THE LITERARY PARTY: GROWING UP GAY AND AMISH IN AMERICA  (EBOOK)   BOOK REVIEWS:   As a country boy in Kentucky, I’m acquainted with the Ami...