4.05.2017

A New Chapter! πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ“š

A heartfelt thank you to my Readers, to begin. I've maintained The Literary Party blog for 5 years+ mainly posting book news, reviews, travel photos etc. When I was putting The Literary Party: Growing Up Gay and Amish in America together I was still living in the Amish farmhouse and used the local library to access the Internet. I meet my first book editor on Twitter and the rest is (literary) history!


Since then I've thrown myself into working on one book or project after another, although I don't feel like I've written enough. I want to take my time over the next year to write without a direction, and on essays, ideally.

Keep your eye out for the forthcoming anthology Our Happy Hours: LGBT Voices From the Gay Bars feat. my new non-fiction essay on Kalamazoo's legendary Zoo Bar.

I am going to take some down time from social media, blogging and do me, political snark on Twitter will have to go on without me! I'm ready for  new chapters!


This Poetry Month I've been reading the Beats, Allen Ginsberg, Jack Kerouac, Walt Whitman and beautifully crafted short stories by W. Somerset Maugham and Willa Cather. Stirring that desire to write! On the farm I did so nightly after work, burning the midnight oil with Byron, Cavafy, Thom Gunn, Hart Crane etc.
I am old school, I like to hibernate with my writing and editing takes time as well.
I will update this blog when I can (a few projects in the works) thank you again everyone for reading. Spring is here at last in Michigan - snow tomorrow!

THE LITERARY PARTY FB PAGE Twitter: @queeraspoetry